NOTE: All parents who desire to chaperone will need to complete the Megan's Law Background Check, submit evidence of tuberculosis clearance, and read and sign the Volunteer Code of Conduct Form.
Who Are We?
If your student is enrolled in one of our band programs at Great Oak High School then you are a member of the Spirit of Great Oak Band Booster Parent Support Group (PSG).
It is the mission of the PSG to work together in a cohesive manner in order to facilitate the success of the program.
The PSG will assist the Director in providing our band students with the best music education possible. It is our desire to volunteer personal time to provide support morally, physically, and financially to accomplish this objective. We will show support, spirit, and pride in all students involved, in every aspect of band, and encourage parents of band members to participate and be involved in fundraising.
The executive board meets monthly and the parent support group (PSG) meets the second Wednesday of the month at 7 PM in the band room (unless otherwise noted).
How do I stay connected?
1. Email is our primary form of communication. If you would like to be added to our email distribution list, please contact the Secretary Christine Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org. She sends out a weekly Sunday email called "Spirit Post" with the current news and events going on with the band.
2. Director's web page at www.spiritofgreatoak.com. Click on the link "Go to Directors Notes" on the home page for up to date information from the Director.
3. Band Boosters web page at www.spiritofgreatoakbandboosters.org. Click on the tab "News & Calendar" for up to date information from the band boosters.
4. Facebook page for band boosters is a secret group only available to current band members and their parents. If you would like to be added please contact our director Jerry Burdick-Rutz to be added. If you are an alumni or part of the Temecula community we have a Facebook page called Spirit of Great Oak Band and Guard that is public and you are welcome to join.
5. Remind 101 - The 2016-17 Spirit of Great Oak Colorguard: text code @gohscolor to 81010
The 2016-17 Spriit of Great Oak Marching Band: text code @medusas to 81010
Parent Volunteers are critical to the success of our band program. We could not do this without you! We encourage parents to sign-up to volunteer in their areas of strength. Parent volunteers are a vital component of our band program and your volunteer efforts allow the performers and the band director to focus on reaching a higher level of excellence.
There are many opportunities in which you can volunteer and serve throughout the year. Every band event requires a level of volunteer support; therefore, it is important that EVERY band parent participates and shares the responsibility. Each year, parents fill out volunteer sign-up sheets which lists several options and needs. From that, several committees and coordinator positions are filled with parents. If you are not able to commit to any volunteer committee or coordinator position do not fret. We would love to have you volunteer in any capacity that you are able to.
Please contact Amy Murphy at email@example.com, our VP of Events, for more information on volunteer opportunities.
All parents who desire to chaperone will need to complete the Megan's Law Background Check, submit evidence of tuberculosis clearance, and read and sign the Volunteer Code of Conduct Form.
Please click here to see the schedule of meetings for 2016-17 school year.
Committee Chair Coordinators 2016-17
Chaperone Coordinator: Don Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
Equipment/Towing Coordinator: Grant Schaffer
Fall Pit Coordinator (Marching Band):
SCRIP Coordinator: Kathleen Steele email@example.com
Smart Card Coordinator: Kathleen Steele firstname.lastname@example.org
Uniform Coordinator: April Sampang
Hospitality (Marching Band):
Hospitality (Special Events):
8th Grade/Freshman Rep. 2019/2020:
Sophomore Representative 2018:
Junior Representative 2017:
Senior Representative 2016:
Color Guard Representative: Amy Curtis email@example.com
Angela Fragoso firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter Drumline Representative: Pedro Ramirez email@example.com
Fall Pit Coordinator (Marching Band):
Winter Pit Coordinator (Drumline):
Website Coordinator: Doug Sevre